Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Spring is here! (3 Ways to wear MAC Morange Lipstick)

Here's a makeup look I put together featuring 3 ways of wearing MAC Morange, a bright orange lipstick. I have a strange obsession with orange lips. I think orange is a less glamorous version of red, it appeals to me more because it looks more playful and... energetic? I don't know. I just love it but sometimes it takes me LOTS of guts to wear this bad boy out.



My favourite is the 'stained lips' effect. To achieve it, I dab the lipstick on the centre, inner part of my bare lips, then press them together, and blend with finger if needed. It's an easier and much more wearable method of wearing such a loud colour. The result looks like I've just had an orange popsicle.


Next method is to apply a really thin layer of lipstick, by lightly dabbing all over, and then using a finger to spread them out. The result is a less intense colour payoff and a matte finish. It's still pretty intense I'd say because MAC Morange is just that pigmented. A gloss can be added but I'm not much of a lipgloss fan.


The third way is to wear the lipstick straight off the bullet. I didn't have a matching lipliner so I didn't use any, but I did use a concealer to clean up the edges. Well, the picture itself is pretty self-explanatory. The colour gives so much of 'energy' to the entire face.


Because this orange is so strong, I find that keeping everything else simple (but not bare) is important. There's still lots of makeup involved! Strong orange lips tend to make pale/fair skin look sallow so definitely use some bronzer and warm blush. People with medium to deeper skintone can go with soft smokey eyes but since I'm on the fairer side, I think it'll look like I have too much going on. So I decided to play it light and focus more on definition. Lastly, make sure your chompers are as white as they can be before you smile because orange brings out the yellow in them!
Face:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
Shiseido Concealer Stick in No. 2
Lavshuca Loose Powder
Cheeks:
MAC Powder Blush in Harmony (contour)
MAC Surf Baby Cheek Powder in My Paradise
Banila Co The Secret Highlighter in Moon
Eyes:
Kate Undereyes Covering Concealer
MAC Eyeshadows in Wedge and Charcoal Brown (brows)
Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel in Light Brown
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Pigment in Melon (lid) and Vanilla (inner corners, tear duct)
Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio Eyeshadow in Nude (2 darker shades for outer corners and lower lashline)
Bobbi Brown Black Ink Gel Liner
Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in Pure White (waterline)
Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof in Black

3 comments:

Adel said...

I have never thought of wearing a lipstick to create a Popsicle effect, but that's a good idea! Gonna try that next time :D
btw, nice photos!

Marie Zamboli said...

Nice post and I like your blog ...maybe we can follow each other from GFC and Bloglovin? :D
New post on my blog
INTO THE GROVE blog
Facebook Page
oxoxoxo
Marie

EV said...

Loving your blog<3 Following~


xoxo
EV
eviiarty.blogspot.com